If you are a person looking for a way to undertake digitally and achieve the so-called triple freedom (Financial, Geographic and Temporal), and perhaps you have already researched some methods for this purpose, then you will certainly have thought of the idea of creating a blog somewhere. , especially if you are a person with some skill, or specific technical skills that you love to talk about, and who especially likes to write.
But in this life, we are so eager for a quick result, due to current social problems, which lead us to desperation to find a source of extra income, and quickly, that often, the idea of creating a blog and writing and investing time , without seeing results, can become downright uninspiring.
Therefore, in this article, I will give you a small tutorial on how to create your blog and take it from the ground up to success, including how you can monetize it so that eventually, in the near future, you can achieve that triple freedom. , which all of us, ordinary humans (poor) and slaves of the “matrix” long for.
But don’t expect it to be easy, or guaranteed, and much less expect it to happen overnight, or that it doesn’t require time, commitment and consistency on your part.
And if you’re wondering whether it’s still viable to create a blog, you can read this article about if “Is it Still Worth Starting A Blog in 2023” to give you an idea of whether or not it’s still viable.
Steps to Start Your Successful Blog
- Think of a name for your blog that you love – The name of your blog should be something that resonates with you, you will need something that reflects the identity of what you want to write about, or how about using your own name and thus creating your own personal brand around, who better than yourself? Have you noticed the name of my website/blog? It’s really me, it’s really me, yes, L. R. Neves, who is here writing this article for you.
- Register the domain for the name you chose – The domain is the unique address through which users access your website. It does not contain large letters, spaces or special characters, with the exception of the dash (-). For all intents and purposes, try to make it an easy domain to memorize, without using too many words.
- When Registering the Domain, Also Get the Hosting – Hosting is then the physical machine where your website files will be stored so that they can be presented remotely to the billions of internet users who could potentially visit your website. It is worth paying attention to some factors when purchasing hosting and registering a domain, so I recommend that you also read this article about “The Essential Characteristics of Good Web Hosting” (Opens in a new tab).
- Build Your Blog – You can hire a web developer on platforms that offer freelance services. See in this article how to hire a remote worker for your most urgent needs, (Opens in New Tab), if you don’t know anything about programming, but the good news is that, even without knowing anything about programming and even without needing to hire a developer , you can still create a good website. See in this article how to create your own website without knowing anything about programming (Opens in New Tab).
- Write Regularly and Consistently – There is no secret formula for the perfect article, but it is a good idea to learn and read some tricks about SEO so that you can optimize your blog in the best way so that, in the long term, your website begins to gain visibility in search engines. organic. See in this article some SEO tips to get your website to the first page of Google (Opens in New Tab).
- Write for The People – If you are not very familiar with SEO at an early stage, but still want to write your first articles, worry, above all, about writing valuable messages for people who tend to look for the information you want to convey. Use clear, concise language, and above all, do not be repetitive.
- Commitment and Discipline – There will be days when you don’t feel like writing, especially when you’ve already written dozens of articles and the results haven’t started to appear yet. This is where commitment and discipline come in. After all, what did you start a blog for? Don’t expect to write 10 articles and money will just start raining into your bank account. It is not how it works. Discipline. Imagine you go to the gym, you know you have to work on your body, but you know that the results don’t appear overnight, right? But you know in advance that, over time, your body will become better, healthier, more defined, harder, with better defenses, in better health, therefore. Writing for a blog has exactly the same effect, nothing bad can come from having millions of words written with value and a spirit of service to people. Even if you don’t see a return, commit. I challenge you to commit to this, at least for a year, and if you still don’t see results, I’ll give you another challenge. Continues.
- Find Ways to Monetize Your Content – Running ads on your website with tools like Google Adsense or partnering with brands to write articles and feature affiliate links (as I do on this blog) is an excellent way to monetize your content over time. When you have many daily visits to your blog, then it will be even better, which will later be approached by the brands themselves or even neighboring blogs that want to make back links through guest posts on their website and thus help each other to grow through a factor of SEO that search engines take into account a lot called Backlinking.
- Use Catchy Titles – Titles are the face of your article, just as we often buy a book just for its title, for your blog articles you should choose the best title possible. But do not use titles that are not related to the content, this is a technique called clickbait and this will give you penalties in search engines. Use titles like “how to do…”, or “how to create…”, or “10 tips on…”, or “10 ideas for…”, or “10 steps to…” like this post (let me know if it wasn’t the title that prompted you to click? 😉 ) Articles with titles suggesting numbered lists are those that obtain the best SEO results.
- Also promote on a paid basis if you can – SEO can often take longer than you want to monetize your website, if you have a few extra “little crowns” to invest in Marketing, do it, but do it with a specialist company like The Hoth (Opens in New Tab), there you can find all types of services to promote your website in a super effective way that will save you valuable time. And in these internet wanderings, never forget that time is king, and speed is queen.
Creating a successful blog can be a somewhat exhausting activity at first, but if you have a passion for writing, are a person with knowledge and enjoy writing about that knowledge to help people who may look for you online, implement these 10 steps To create a successful blog you will undoubtedly achieve wonderful results.